Monday, 6 December 2010

Yet another fine day.


Teetering up the slab on pitch one.

After having a couple of days to get over my hangover from some xmas drinks on Friday Alex and I headed back up to Stob Coire nan Lochan again. This really is a great crag with so many mixed lines to go at that it keeps calling us back. We were still both feeling the effects of the hangover so we chose to go for any easier route and picked Ordinary route(IV,5) on the Summit Buttress. Lets just say I had to sort my head out on the first pitch a bit quicker than I was expecting when I found my self teetering up a slab on mono sized edges and with blind hooks. After that I felt as fresh as a daisy. The next couple of pitches were a bit of an issue as two different guide books give two different route on their topos. So we spent some time looking around but just decided to skirt around the side and continue to the top. It was fairly quiet in the corrie but teams on the usual routes and a couple of teams on Crest route(V,6), a team on Tilt(VI,7) and Donald King and his partner finishing of a FWA of Satyr, a summer E1 5a.


Donald in the red jacket in the middle of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment