Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Winter is back.

I'm working at Outward Bound this week so I'm not out on the hill but I did take a wander up to the half way lochain on the Ben today. On the way up I got a good look at the North face which is looking white again. There is snow lying down to just below the CIC hut, the Orion and minus face were white and with the freezing levels fluctuating through the day should hopefully be forming some climbable ice. Although I didn't see into Coire na Ciste the there was rime on the westerly face higher up the mountain and John and Guy Steven reported good conditions on Tower face of the Combe yesterday. Ken was out on the west face of Aonach Mor today and John was on twisting gully in Stob Coire nan lochan both reporting good conditions. Bring on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment