Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Feels very spring like.

After a couple of days off to rest and deal with some logistics I was clawing at the window this morning when I could see the sun shining. After a long phone call to a certain mobile phone company because my phone has broken for the forth time in a year I headed round to mates for a cup of tea to catch up on what has been happening on the Ben. Sounds like the larger ice lines and gully lines are looking good as is Tower ridge and N.E. buttress. The ice on indicator wall area sounds like it is very thin but Smiths route has finally formed and Mike climbed it yesterday and Ken and James did Observatory Buttress.


Looking south towards Stob Ban across Glen Nevis.

By lunch I couldn't take it any more and headed up into Glen Nevis to go and spend a bit of time on the rock. I headed up to the Alp and first soloed the Gutter then Right wall then the first pitch of a v diff on the side of pine wall I can never remember the name of and then did Freds Delight on South west. The rock was perfectly dry and felt warm to the touch and it was warm enough for me to move around in a t-shirt. At the moment it feels more like the beginning of April instead of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment