Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Wild day out.

I was out on Aonach Mor today just for half the day. Hannah had been kind enough to offer some of her time when I was preparing for my MIA and today it was my turn to repay the favour. She has her WML in a couple of weeks and she was keen to spend some time looking at the her rope work in preparation. We had a look at all of the text book stuff and a bit more but the conditions even at the bottom of the Nid were wild. It was blowing a pretty constant 35-40mph with a few extra strong gusts thrown in for luck. There is a lot of fresh snow on the Easterly aspect and there are a couple of weak layers in there that sheared very easily, thankfully we were able to stick to some broken ground when we did move about. No photos I'm afraid there wasn't really anything to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment