Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Sun in the South.

With the weather in Fort William so changeable at the moment and a quite spell before a very busy period I used the opportunity to head down to the Lakes and catch up with the family. Yesterday I had a full day to kill and with the weather out the window looking fantastic I headed to Hutton roof just south of Kendal. This little limestone crag has a lot to offer, with a short walk in and catching the sun all day. I spent most of the morning and early afternoon soloing and managed to tick off about 15 routes from Diff to VS. The nature of the crag means that most of the crux's on the routes are in the first couple of meters with easier climbing to the top.

The piece and quite was disturbed by a group from Morecombe High School so with my plan at the end of the day to head back North of the border I headed for Carrock Fell near Penrith. These Boulders are situated right next to the road and are Gabbro so have amazing friction. I spent a couple of hours here working on some old problems before I carried on North to Ayr.

Back in Fort William today and back to the rain. I've got a couple more days off before I start a Classic course at Outward Bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment