Friday, 21 October 2011

Summer Mountain Leader training

I've been shadowing a Summer ML this week run by Bill Strachan of Scotch on the rocks. The course has been based out of the UHI campus in Fort William. It has been an interesting week of weather and learning. The weather was wild for most of the week with strong winds and heavy rain/snow. It was good for me to watch some other MI's as in this profession you quite often find yourself working alone and there were plenty of tips for me to pick up with Sandy Paterson, Mike Pescod and Ben Wallace also working during the week. Despite the weather a lot of learning for the group in terms of navigation, steep ground, rope work and river crossings along with so many other areas. No photo's I'm afraid as the forecast for the first three days was so wild I didn't want to break the camera and when there was a better forecast I forgot it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment