Wednesday, 9 November 2011

A possible new line?

It's Autumn and my thoughts should be on the winter in front of me and they have been until my days cragging in the sun on Monday. It just made me realise how much I'd missed the rock this summer. So sat at home dreaming of rock climbing and future goals for next season and a thought about a line I had spotted high up in the Glen popped into my head. Bags packed and off I went.It doesn't look like it is too hard but the last third of the route looks very run out so I had planned to ab down and just check that there was gear in the final break before the finishing slab. As I peered over I saw that the upper slab didn't really look that difficult. So I changed my mind and decided I didn't want to see anymore. I do know now that the crux is in the middle part of the route and not the top as I had first thought. So next Spring I'll be on it as soon as I can. Or if it stays like this maybe I should just get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment