Tuesday, 22 November 2011

A quick round of the Bauchaille.

It dawned foggy this morning in Corpach but with a good forecast I figured it would be nice if I headed high. So after enjoying a couple of cups of coffee and sending some emails I decided to head to Glen Coe and Bauchaille Etive Mor. Sure enough as I hit Corran the fog cleared and the Sun came out as it quite often does on this stretch of the road.


Looking down the glen towards Loch Linnhe and Ardgour.

I was planning on going up North Buttress so I made my way up the lower part of the Buttress to just level with Crowberry basin but as I got here I looked round to see the shadow of Curved ridge and Crowberry Tower cast over the glen beside me. That was it I changed my mind and headed for the sun. I traversed in just below the luncheon spot and enjoyed climbing in the sun to the top of the ridge. I decided to make a quick ascent of Crowberry tower which on the North and West side the rock was still covered in frost but it just added to the fun. At the summit in just under 2 hours from the car. The cloud was starting to build and the wind was cold and increasing in strength so I decided to make a quick descent down Coire na Tulaich. Around trip of just under 3 hours and a couple of new lines that I hadn't noticed before that look like they would be nice in winter.


On the drive back the morning fog had lifted and there was a fantastic view when I got home of the Ben and the Aonachs with a dusting of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment