Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Back into Stob Coire nan Lochan.


Pitch 2. It's steeper than it looks.

I woke up this morning feeling a little tired and a bit spaced out still fighting the back of this cold but was keen to get out and enjoy the climbing conditions. A big cup of coffee and I thought I was feeling more awake but that wasn't the case as when I got to Glen Coe I found out I had forgotten the insoles to my boots. It didn't really cause me too much of a problem but the walk out was a bit painful.
Ian and I just decided to see what was available or looked good when we got there but we had a few things in mind. Arriving in the coire the buttress' looked a bit blacker than yesterday. Summit buttress looked a bit whiter so we headed for Spectre. This gave us two good pitches but felt stiff for V,6, I would say it felt more like VI,6. One more pitch of about III/IV and we abseiled back into Broad gully. Good neve on the ledges and the turf is frozen solid but a lot of the cracks were quite icy.
Lots of teams out today doing Moonshadow, Reaburns route, Dorsal Arete, Forked gully, Twisting grooves and Ken was on Twisting gully

No comments:

Post a Comment