Tuesday, 7 February 2012

A last minute change of plans.


Plenty of ice in Left twin.

I was supposed to be taking Jo and Matt mountaineering today but Matt text me this morning to say he wasn't well so Jo and I changed our plans and caught the 9am Gondola up onto Aonach Mor. We descended down to a very sunny East face and it felt more like spring than February as we carried on round towards typhoon but it didn't look to be holding much ice so we climbed Siamese twin instead. The first pitch of this had been in the morning sun and was starting to look a bit crusty so we climbed the first pitch of left twin and then moved back right to finish up the crux of Siamese. We topped out into the sun and had a bite of lunch and then headed back down the Morwind abseils and climbed the last two pitches of this just to finish the day off. Another glorious day if climbing in the sun!

The ice on the East face is good at the moment but the last couple of days of sun have taken there toll on the more Southerly aspects of the coire, with snow melting quickly and turf starting to poke back through. The crags around Stirling Bridge still look very white as they don't catch the sun.


The crux of Siamese twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment