Friday, 23 March 2012

Cragging in the sun!

So the rain finally stopped on Wednesday and Thursday was looking to be a fantastic day so Hannah and I headed out to Ardnamurchan for a great day with lots of sun and fantastic views North over the small isles to Skye. We had a steady and productive day and climbed Gretta Gabbro, Ring Master, Vulcan, Pyroclast with the VS variation and finished on Krakatoa. Good to be back out on rock and feel the sun on my back, I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a good summer. Gutted I forgot my camera, you'll just have to take my word for how nice it was.

Today I think I got a bit over excited with the sun forecast to be shining again and chose to head for a route in the Northern corries. The air temp in the car park was 12C but there was a chilly wind blowing off the plateau and it was cold in the coire, in fact a bit too cold to be hanging around on anything that might involve technical climbing so we sat in the sun and just enjoyed the quiet for a while until it got too cold even for that. You win some and you loose some but hey it was still a nice day. Back at work at Outward Bound this week and it looks like the weather is set to stay fine for my expedition mid week.

No comments:

Post a Comment