Tuesday, 20 March 2012

The end of my winter and dealing with disappointment.

So that's my winter of work finished unless something last minute arrives but I doubt it with the conditions we have at the moment. There is still stuff to climb high on Ben Nevis and people will continue to be going out for a couple of weeks I would think but not me. Time to look forward to the summer and dry warm rock hopefully on some fantastic mountain routes if the weather lets me.
It's been a while since I've posted as last week I was on my MIC assessment. All was going well apart from the weather which really wasn't 'playing ball'. Unfortunately the assessment was binned after day two. I'm not going to lie I was pretty down about it and it has taken me a few days to really get to terms with it. I have spent the last year working and getting ready for it and to have it taken away at the last minute was, well you get the idea. So as a group we now have the opportunity to go back in January next year to finish the last two days off. On the plus side I have had some friends pass their MIC this winter and good on them.
As I said before it is now time to start thinking about the summer and looking forward to trips that are in the pipe line. So I hope you all had a good winter (even if it was a bit wet and windy) and lets keep our fingers crossed for the sun to come out or at least for it to stop raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment