Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Quick trip up the Ben.


The plateau today.

I was out for Abacus Mountain Guides today with the Rodge Family who are doing the 3 Peaks over 3 days but had decided to hire a guide with the current conditions. We made good progress and were up and down in 5 hours and 15 mins. We were still getting snowed on at midday and were walking on snow for most of the day but the snow line did creep up as the day went on. It was busy on the mountain today especially for a week day. When we arrived at the summit it was obvious that a team had camped on the summit and unfortunately they couldn't be bothered to carry out their knackered tent and had just left it and the litter in it for someone else to clear up. Unfortunately I didn't have time to remove it myself but I am back up on Sunday hopefully with a bit more time on my hands.


The offending tent left next to the summit.

No comments:

Post a Comment