Friday, 11 May 2012

Winter just keeps holding on!

I've been pretty quiet on the blog front recently as most of my work has been at Outward Bound or other outdoor centres but work is about to get a bit more exciting in the coming weeks. Any way yesterday I was out with a couple of students on the Outdoor degree at the UHI to assess them on their leadership skills. The last set only had their peers as group members but these two were lucky enough to have a P6 class from Inverlochy Primary School. We got a lift up to the top car park and made our way in and out to the CIC hut (with a stop for hot chocolate in the hut) and got back to the van before the worst of the weather hit yesterday afternoon.

It's been a while since I've been up to the North face and I was surprised to see how much ice was visible from the hut. I obviously can't comment on the quality of it but there are definitely things to go for if you went up with an open mind. There was some very heavy snow yesterday and I would think that the easier ridges would be a bit of a wade and the easier gullies might not be the best places to be. Here's some photo's to have a look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment