Sunday, 16 September 2012

A busy week away from home.

It's been a while but I've not been at home much this last week so here is a quick catch up. Last weekend I was working a 3 Peaks challenge for Maximum Adventure with Andy and a group of 17, some of the group were successful but unfortunately due to injuries a couple were unable to finish all three peaks.
 
Travelling North after that I spent the night in Glasgow and got home Monday afternoon in time to pack my bags before I headed down to Lochgoilhead in Argyll to work at Ardroy where I started my outdoor career for a couple of days. It's good to see this centre has managed to reopen after being closed by Fife Council last year and business is going well for them.
 
Back home Thursday night for a day out with the first years on the Adventure and Tourism degree on Friday. We spent the day just North of Kinlochleven looking at Navigation which for some of the group was a new skill but all did well even in the windy and squally conditions we had.
 
 
A rainbow over the West Highland way on Friday.
 
Yesterday I was working for West Coast Mountain Guides on the Ben along with a number of others on a Marie Curie charity walk which was a great success with all 91 participants completing the day and in time for me to get home for tea. A well deserved physical rest today but I have spent the day sat in front of the computer and my mind is starting to melt a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment