Sunday, 6 January 2013

A quick nosey around!


Everyone knows that the weather isn't exactly the best at the moment and I've been sitting around waiting for it to turn but I had to get out and stretch my legs, so with a better forecast for the East I thought I would go and have a nosey and see how things are shaping up over there.


Coire an Lochain.

Conditions in Coire an Lochain were pretty favourable with firm snow in the Couloir, from here I descended the Fiacaill ridge and dropped in under the twin ribs and made my way round the Coire to Jacobs Ladder and went up this to say Hello to Max. By the time I had topped out the cloud and rain was starting to arrive so I dropped back into the Coire via windy col and out on the path, 4 Hours door to door and good to stretch the legs. The snow is good in places but cover is getting thinner, I had to remove my crampons twice today just to cross the larger areas between snow patches.


Looking across Coire an t'Sneachda from the top of Fiacaill.

It was busy today with a lot of people climbing the grade I gullies which are complete but lots over other teams out climbing some very incomplete gully lines and in an area that is renowned for being loose in a thaw. One smart team where up rock climbing on Pygmy ridge, avoiding the crowds and definitely with no one above them.

No comments:

Post a Comment