Friday, 11 January 2013

Sociable day on Good Friday climb.

 I was out with Craig today to help me prepare for Assessment and hopefully teach Craig a few things about stance management and Graham and Dave came along too. We thought the Ben was going to be busy today as it had been blogged that Good Friday was in condition but we saw no one in front of us on the approach into Observatory gully. A big team passed us but they stopped at Tower Scoop.

So we traversed into Good Friday climb and found a couple of teams hiding round the corner but they were friendly and accommodating. The route is in great condition with good sticky ice and rock solid neve, making it a pleasure to climb. After the crux of Good Friday we traversed right and finished up the last pitch of Indicator wall to give us another great pitch of grade III ice.


Craig on the finishing snow slope to the summit.

After topping out Craig and I hung around to wait for Dave and Graham so I thought I'd just abseil down the last pitch to get some photos. We descended down No.4 so we could get a look at some of the other crags. There are routes there to climb but few of them unfortunately. I'm not quite sure harder mixed is in yet but I didn't get a close look so I could be wrong. Winter is hopefully making a return and It's good to see that some of it has survived.


Dave leading the last pitch.


No3 gully buttress and Creag Coire na Ciste.

No comments:

Post a Comment