Tuesday, 1 April 2014

The end of my winter.

Well that's my winter season finished with, no more winter work booked in but with the amount of snow left on the hills, I have a feeling I'll still have to use some winter kit out for a while. I was out with Patrick on Saturday and Sunday, he wanted his first taste of Scottish winter so we headed up into Coire nan Lochan on Saturday to cover the basics, which he picked up very quickly. We headed up to the summit via the west ridge and descended down Broad gully, which has more snow in it now than I have ever seen and will be there for a long time yet.


Ledge route on Sunday.

Sunday was a brighter day and Patrick wanted to up the level a little so we for Ledge route along with a few other parties. The route is still nearly all snow covered but the snow was thawing and has been over the last two days. Yesterday I was out with Bart for The Highland Mountain company and we headed for the Aonach Eagach which was a great day out with sunshine and blue skies but there is very little snow left on the crest and we took crampons off after the first descent. Not really a winter day but still a nice day to finish the winter, given that it has been a winter with some hard conditions. Bring on the summer with dry rock and dry trails for riding.







The Bidean Massif still with a lot of snow cover above 700m.


1 comment:

  1. Christ you had me worried there with a title like that Scott; thought you'd damaged yourself. Very glad to read not and totally agree with the wish for hot rock. Bring it on. Mike

    ReplyDelete