Saturday, 23 January 2016

Another day over east.

I'm not going to lie, the idea of going winter climbing in the rain today, did not fill me with joy, especially after all of the fine weather we have had. There was a very obvious east/west split with weather today and when I gave Colin and Alasdair the options, they thankfully choose to go east to the sunshine.
We had a great day climbing Hidden chimney under blue skies and on a quiet crag and in soft shells. There were lots of people out enjoying the sunshine but most were skills groups with very few people climbing. The crags still have a good covering of snow though it is thawing at the moment, the ice is starting to melt out of the cracks giving lots of options for gear.
There might still be a couple of days of thaw left but the Cairngorms will still be great once it all freezes again. I'll find out what things are like over here tomorrow, no photos I'm afraid, my camera was playing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment